Wednesday 26 January 2011

Argh, I hate waiting...

I really, really do hate waiting. I am the most impatient person ever, when it comes to waiting, lol. Back in November I entered the Harlequin So You Think You Can Write Challenge, which involved sending in a  first chapter and a Synopsis. We were guaranteed a reply by January 31st.

Now yesterday, several of my writing friends received a rejection reply, so they are obviously started replying to entrants. I am still waiting to hear and I'm sure my e-mail is going to go belly up in disgust at my constant refreshing ;-)

I just want to know! No news is good news I suppose, but some of the stuff that was rejected was really good in my humble opinion, so goodness only knows what's going on over at Harlequin. Guess only they know what they are looking for.

In other, much more pleasant news, I can go public and announce that we are expecting again.  :-D I found out Boxing Day, with no idea how far along I was, which was a tad disconcerting to say the least. You'd think after eight kids I 'd know the signs eh, but I think I must have been in complete denial. Put all the symptoms down to stress with worry over Marcel etc.
So it was with huge relief, we had a private scan on Saturday and I now have a due date of August 13th or thereabouts. My ten year old is mega excited at the prospect of a brother or sister possibly sharing her birthday, hers is August 6th. In fact the whole brood is in a state of excitement. The eldest four have known for a while, but not the younger ones. We took Gabs (6) and Tj (3) with us to the scan and their face was such a picture when they saw the baby on screen!

Tj has talked of little else but the baby in Mummy's big belly. In fact he had me in stitches on Saturday when he watched me getting in the bath. "Baby having a bath too, baby in your tummy, Mummy!"

A very cute baby, if I say so myself.


Tj was most taken with baby waving at him :-D

Having gazed some more at that pic, I will now resume refreshing my e-mail...

Did I say I HATE waiting ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow Doris, that's fantastic news. So happy for you all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Doris I'm somewhat relieved to know that I'm not the only one who didn't realise despite the signs! I was thinking after 3 I should have known but if you can miss it after 8 I feel a bit better, lol. I think this summer will be a good time to have a baby!

    ReplyDelete