Friday 28 January 2011

So, a rejection

Following on from my other post, I finally received that e-mail and it was a rejection. However, it was a very positive rejection and I had a huge smile on my face reading it. I received some personalised and very detailed feedback, a whole paragraph worth, no less.


Comments like-  a sympathetic heroine and a strong, appealing alpha hero, The attraction between Sylvia and Sven is believable and compelling, and the situation they find themselves in tugs at the heartstrings - are pretty good for my  first ever attempt at writing a  romance novel :-)


So I will take that feed back on board and rewrite their meet. At the moment it does rely heavily on coincidences and whilst there are aspects that I will definitely keep, others will go. It was the one thing that had been niggling at me anyway, so will get off my backside and work at it to make the start stronger. Sylvia and Sven were strangers when I wrote that first chapter, but they are very dear friends now and Sven is far too sexy to not make it into a book ;-)


Onwards and upwards :-D

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're going to take their feedback on board and revising the book. I think it will make it a stronger book. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete