Friday 8 June 2012

A free read and Interview with Naomi Clark


Do I have a treat for you all today!



The lovely Naomi Clark is here today with her free, yes I said free read from Evernight Publishing. Now I don't know about you, but I could stare at that cover all day.

So, without further ado, I give you Naomi. So glad you could join us today!

****


Thanks for having me today, Doris, and hello everyone! Nice to be here and be able to talk a bit about my new Free Read from Evernight, BOUND BY NIGHT.

Q. Can you tell us a bit about yourself?

Well, the basics are - I live in Cambridge in the UK with my fiance, two snakes, and a noisy cat. I work for Cambridge University, but that's just to pay the bills. My passion is writing, and I spend every spare minute I have doing that. When I need a break from the computer, I make perfumes and watch terrible films!

You make perfumes? How cool!

Q. What made you write ‘this’ story?

The hero's name came first - I saw the name Daghan somewhere and fell in love with it. I got a pretty good picture of him straight away - big, blonde, beautiful, with a mysterious and tortured past... my favourite kind of hero! Once I had him, the rest of the story fell into place around him.

Q. Tell us about your cover.

Pretty hot, I think! That's Daghan in all his glory. You'd never guess he was a monk, would you? ;)

Nope, you'd certainly wouldn't guess that from the cover!

Q. Describe a typical day’s writing for us

I get to my office about 8am, and I have breakfast and write for an hour on my netbook. Lunch time is another half hour of writing. I can usually get about 2000 words written a day this way. In the evenings I'm either writing some more, or editing. I try to give myself an evening off once a week to catch up with friends or visit family, but most of the time...I'd rather be writing!

Q. What inspires you?

Everything from dreams to mythology and folklore, to news stories, to music...A lot of the time it's less about finding inspiration and more about figuring out which bits of inspiration will make a working story.

Q. If you weren’t a writer what would you be?

I have no idea. I think I would probably be working in mental health care in some capacity - it's something I'm very interested in.

Q. Do your characters ever surprise you?

Oh, all the time! As much as I know I'm in charge, I don't plan very far ahead with my writing, so I never really know what's going to happen until I actually write it. So there are always surprises! It's what keeps me interested.

Q. What could not do without when you’re writing?

Background noise. I don't care if it's music, TV, or just people talking. I find working in silence very strange.

Q. What words of wisdom do you have for the aspiring authors out there?

Make sure you read a lot as well as write - it will help you be a better writer! Find a good critique group or beta reader to help you, and most of all, write what you want to read. Be in love with your stories!

Q. Where do you see yourself in ten year’s time?

I'd love to be writing full time and living in a house by the sea...That's the dream!

So with you there :-)

Q. Do you have a favourite quote?

"It is necessary to write, if the days are not to slip emptily by" - Vita Sackville.

Q. Do you ever suffer from writer’s block?

Not really. There are definitely days where it's harder than others to get going, but if I can't find a way forward with my main project, I usually have something on the side to work on, and switching to a different project will sometimes shake the creative juices up and get me going!

Q. What other books can your readers look forward to?

My  next release is the first in an urban fantasy trilogy called NIGHT AND CHAOS. It's  bit different - no vampires, no werewolves, but a ton of Indian mythology, dysfunctional families, reunited lovers, and a very hot alpha male hero. That's out June 1st from Damnation Books. I'm very excited about it!

Q. And finally can you share an excerpt with us?

Sure! Here's a taste of what you can except from BOUND BY NIGHT:

She kissed him then. She didn’t know if she was pure, or if their union could lift his curse. She didn’t know if it mattered. They were here together, two lost souls seeking sanctuary, and she wanted to offer him all she had to give. So she kissed him deeply, pressing her bare body to his, feeling the strength of him beneath his robes. He slid his hands down her back to cup her rear and lift her to her tiptoes, flexing his hips so his shaft pressed against her. Adeline felt herself grow hot and slick with desire, and she fumbled to pull his heavy robes away.
                He laughed roughly and stepped away from her to do it himself. Beneath the discarded robe he wore a simple shirt and breeches, but before Adeline could reach for them, he gripped her hips and dropped to his knees. Holding her firm, he kissed his way up her inner thighs, gentle and slow. He drew patterns on her hips and across her buttocks with his fingers, lazy trails that sparked a desperate need in Adeline for something fiercer. She tangled her fingers in his silky hair, throwing her head back in pleasure as he made his way up to the juncture of her thighs. He licked and kissed at the sensitive skin there, shying away from her aching core but teasing, promising wicked pleasures to come. He traced the curve and crease of her buttocks, one finger slipping over her delicate rear entrance and making her gasp in surprise, before he found her clit. He swept his finger over that pulsing place, increasing the pressure little by little, until Adeline was sure her legs would give out.


Thanks for having me today! You can find out more about me at my blog/website - http://naomijay.blogspot.co.uk/
on Twitter - @naomi_jay or on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/naomijclark

****

Thanks so much for stopping by Naomi. I know what I'll be reading this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment