Wednesday 24 April 2013

Fancy a little Irish Seduction today? Interview with @AnnBHarrison

Happy Humpday, folks! 

In true Humpday tradition I bring you a hunk, called Jasper. He is Ann Harrison's hero and she's pinned in my hot seat today to tell you about Irish Seduction.

 So glad to have you here, Ann.



Q. Can you tell us a bit about yourself?

A. Sure, I live in the desert in Queensland Australia. At the moment it is sunny and a very nice 27 degrees Celsius heading for 34. Definitely lounging by the pool weather.

Wow, definitely pool weather!

Q. What made you write ‘this’ story?

A. I wrote a Young Adult novel and Jasper is one of the main characters. I loved him so much I decided to write his story. A spunky Irishmen deserves his own book in my mind.



Q. Tell us about your cover.

A. How beautiful is it? When I put in the art form I asked for something light. Mina really got it right first time, it was just as I imagined it would be. I cried when I saw it.


Q. Describe a typical day’s writing for us.

A. First up in the morning I do all the social media and email stuff. If I didn't I would be going back and forward and never get anything done.
Then I go to my WIP. I try to do at least two thousand words a day. I know it's not much really but some days when those words just don't want to flow it's a heap. On a good day I will get down five thousand.

Q. What inspires you?

A. It can be anything, a name, a song or a dream. It always hits me when I least expect it too so if I'm away from my computer I use my iPhone for notes so I don't lose the story.

Q. If you weren’t a writer what would you be?

A. A farmer, it's what I know best growing up as a country girl.

Q. Do your characters ever surprise you?

A. All the time. I'm a definite pantser through and through. Even when I tried to plot (and it doesn't happen very often) my characters blow it out of proportion. I can imagine them looking at me nodding their heads conspiring against me. "Well just look at that wee lassie trying to tell us what to do. Let's show her a thing or two aye?"
Get my drift.  I had a character kill another main character off in a forthcoming book and I bawled my eyes out. It wasn't how I imagined it was going at all but the story is great now because of it.

Lol, that sounds so familiar!

Q. What could not do without when you’re writing?

A. My laptop. It goes with me everywhere. When we travel I write, when we go camping I write. Have laptop - makes Ann a happy girl. My husband said it is attached to my fingers, LOL.

Yep, my husband has been known to say that too ;-)

Q. What words of wisdom do you have for the aspiring authors out there?

A. Don't give up, seriously don't. If writing means that much to you, keep going no matter how many knocks you get. They make you stronger and help you grow as a writer.

Q. Where do you see yourself in ten year’s time?

A. I write full time now but I would love to crack into the Big Six market. I want to get a wider range of readers and that is the goal I have set myself.

Q. Do you have a favorite quote?

A. A few actually but I love this one from Pink (she plays loudly in the background when I'm seriously immersed in a heavy scene.)
Wounded people are dangerous because they know they can survive.

Q. Do you ever suffer from writer’s block?

A. I don't believe there is any such thing actually but that's just my opinion. Your brain goes 24/7. Just because you don't like what its coming up with doesn't mean it's writers block.

Certainly a different way to look at it :-) 

Q. What other books can your readers look forward to?

A. I have another Rural Romance just out. Outback Thunder is about a young couple broken apart when they were barely out of their teens. They are reunited after a family tragedy and have to confront the passion that still sparks between them.

Q. And finally can you share an excerpt with us?

My pleasure Doris.
Excerpt - Irish Seduction

He longed to crawl into his bed and let her take over his body. The blood rushed through his veins, burning while he recalled last night's dream.
The velvet curtains around his bed moved soundlessly and the heavy fabric parted. As she stood, the light of the moon behind her, her hair shone like gold and shimmered over her shoulders. Her sheer white cloak fell in soft folds around her body, showing off the shape of her full breasts, the soft curve of her hips, and the small indentation of her navel down to the dark shadow at the apex of her thighs. She ran the tip of her tongue along her full, bottom lip leaving a gloss of moisture that he ached to taste. She lifted her chin and the cloak dipped, revealing her naked rose-tipped breast.
He sucked in a breath. The woman was magnificent and he yearned for her body beneath his.
A small sigh escaped her mouth when she reached out to touch him. Jasper gasped at the touch of her fingers toying with his bare chest, skimming over his nipples, and sending electric shocks through his body, straight down to his cock. She leaned in closer, her scent rocketing through his brain.
 She lifted her hand and drew down the covers, leaving him exposed to her eyes in the pale candlelight.
Jasper reached out a shaking hand as he debated sliding his fingertips across her face. Would she disappear if he touched her? Pleasure replaced his trepidation as she leaned her soft cheek against his hand and the dream remained unbroken. Her face turned into his hand and she kissed his palm, her tongue darting across the rough skin, sending sensuous ripples down his spine. She pushed him back on the pillows, and with a smile, traced a pattern over his face and down his neck with her lips.
The cloak was discarded and fell to the floor. She knelt beside him on the bed, her body naked and pale in the soft light of the candles. His body hardened more and he reached out again to grab hold of her, but once again she pushed him back.
"Let me," she whispered, dipping her head low over his body.

This sounds fab, Ann. Thanks so much for sharing with us today!

Thanks for having me Doris. If you want to find out any more about me go to:


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great read! TBR List for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the cover is perfect, and him?? Well TBH asap

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fantastic! Id love some irish seduction lol ;)

    ReplyDelete