Friday 19 April 2013

Flash Fiction Friday - Silent Witness #FFF

We reached the end of the week, and what a week it's been. In my case I have had a poorly toddler all week. He's got hand, foot and mouth, and has not been a happy bunny, but I'm pleased to report he's on the mend.
Phew!
The Evernight Book Boyfriend Blog Hop continues.  Please click on the graphic in the side bar --------------->>> to get to my hop post.  Lots of goodies are for grabs, so do stop by.

****

Now, for today's Flash. When I saw the chosen picture for today, I did wonder what on earth I could write about, but after missing Tuesday's teasers (apologies if you were looking for it, but I had a migraine and just didn't get to it) I had to write something for today. Let me know what you think of it in the comments and Enjoy!

EDITED TO ADD:

Please note that this is not in any way meant in association to recent events in America. My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families of that terrible event.

This flash merely came to me in response to the picture prompt, and I apologise for the timing of it.



         From his vantage point across the street, he could see the reflection of the passing car. He checked his watch and smiled. Right on time—you had to love a punctual target. The driver slowed to let his passenger admire the window display. The flag ship store always caused a stir with its displays. This one was no exception. How fitting that it's owner should die in front of it. He pressed send, as the car crawled over the manhole. The explosion rocked the street and the mannequins stood silent witness to the destruction, before the fireball engulfed them too. 

******

Friday Flashers have 100 words to tell a story from the provided picture prompt. Do check out the other flashers. You won't be disappointed. :-)
Till next week, folks.

D x


8 comments:

  1. Ooh I like it!

    Glad the little one is getting better now

    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a timely flash, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Angelica. You know I didn't even think about it until you just said that.

      Delete
  3. Doris I think your migraine was seeking revenge for allowing you to write. Extremely well crafted flash excepting the timing with current events.You probably saw the real event happening before it did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your take on this picture, it's exciting and different!

    ReplyDelete