Monday 21 April 2014

Secrets Shared with @RavenMcAllan #bdsm #series @Totally_Bound #newrelease

Happy Easter Monday, folks. I have the awesome Raven McAllan back on my blog today to talk to you about what she likes best - to write.

Enjoy! Over to you, Raven....

*****

Well, Happy Easter everyone. I hope Easter was everything you wanted it to be.

Here in Scotland we had sun. I kid you not. Okay it was probably our one day of summer (yes in April) but we all enjoyed it.

Now it's back to work.

Not that I mind because I reckon I have one of the best jobs in the world.

I write.

I'd like to say, I create worlds and characters, stories and happy ever afters, but actually, that wouldn't strictly be true. I'm a pantster, and incredibly character driven. Oh I might say I create them and plot their lives but it doesn't happen like that. I might be shouted at in the middle of the night (that's usual) and know who my next story is about, but believe me when I say, I write what they tell me. The number of times I have no idea where my WIP is going, or it veers off at a tangent, is probably every story I type.

Secrets Shared, Book one in the Diomhair series which is now up for pre order on www.totallybound.com is no exception. I had no idea what Jess had been up to, or why. I didn’t even know the secrets of Diomhair, (Gaelic for Secret) the castle until they told me. Or that you pronounce Diomhair, well as best as I can write it phonetically, Jeever with the J soft shhhh like.



Secrets Shared is the first book of six, if of course they're all accepted. Book two, Secrets Uncovered, is out in July. Book three, Secrets Remembered is with Totally Bound for consideration. No nails, inbox stalking time…

However I'm here to be all proud and chair swivel jiggling about book one…

So, without further ado (as they say on TV somewhere), here's the blurb and a wee tease…

They say never share a secret. Sometimes though, it’s the only thing to do.

Jess is looking forward to her night out clubbing with her best friend, but her anticipation turns to dismay when she realizes the venue is a BDSM club not the disco she’d envisioned. After a disastrous experience with the lifestyle in her past, she’s adamant she wants nothing to do with it now.
David agreed to pick up his friend’s sister as a favour, and is surprised to find himself instantly attracted to the fiery Jess. The experienced Dom recognizes Jess’ bluster for what it is—fear. There is no doubt in his mind that Jess is submissive, but getting her to accept that fact will take some doing.
David is determined to help her, but it is up to Jess to accept. When Jess does give in to her secret desires, can she truly let go and be the sub David is looking for, or will she hold onto her secrets?
At Diomhair you never know what will happen in the end.
*****
“So it’s always been vanilla, no contemplation of bondage or blindfolds?” he asked her in a mild tone. “You said one of each first, so no same sex fantasies? No threesomes or voyeurism? Strange after you admitted you and Kath had once been a couple. No more, pure basics now, eh? That’s your sex life in a nutshell is it?”
Her heartbeat faltered and she swallowed, trying to work some wetness into her mouth. He made it sound boring, not safe.
“In, out and roll over?” David smiled. “That seems weird to me.”
 What does he know? “Yes, well, no and don’t go on. It’s what I want, so sue me. Nice, ordinary,”
“Boring.” David interjected.
She glared. “As I was saying, nice, ordinary, safe sex, thank you. Yes, there was a time when I had a female lover, and no, I don’t want one now. Nor do I want whipped, flogged, bound or gagged. Waxed, scored, scratched or whatever else goes on. Not. For. Me.” She knew her breathing was choppy, and it wasn’t just from fear.
David nipped her wrist. The pain was unexpected and Jess squealed. “That bloody hurt.” She pushed his hand away and rubbed her skin. “What the fuck did you do that for?” He was seriously heading for an assault charge if he wasn’t careful.
“Because I haven’t got time to put you over my lap and give you the spanking you deserve for lying. Open and honest, remember.”
 Oh, she remembered only too well, and he could go fly. “Well if you want to go spank someone, go find yourself a sub, mister. This is as open and honest as you’ll get. What the fuck are you doing?” Jess took his hand and moved it from where he’d been tracing erotic circles around her breast. “Listen, mate, I don’t subscribe to the three strikes and you’re out. I subscribe to the touch me and I’ll sue you school of thought. You’re out of order. Don’t touch me.” Her voice rose and ended on what to her annoyance was a sob not a defiant shout. “I cannot take this.” Jess put her hand onto the cushioned seat and tried to lever herself upward. The sofa didn’t cooperate, and she settled down again and glared at him.
He grinned. “Even my furniture is against you, eh? C’mere.” He pulled her close and hugged her. Not in anyway sexual but a nice comforting hug. To her amazement, Jess relaxed. For the first time in longer than she dare think about, she let herself be held. She didn’t shake, didn’t feel sick and didn’t pull away. It was nice. Of course it wouldn’t last. Jess hated the way he’d lulled her into a false sense of security. She turned her head and let her cheek rest on the fine, soft silk of his shirt. He stroked her hair and Jess was nigh on ready to purr. Her nipples puckered and she was darned sure more than her underwear would be damp. If this is him not coming on to me, heaven help me if he does. And let me pray there’s no tell tale stain on my trousers. I’d die of shame.
“So who hurt you?” David used his free arm to hold her across the shoulders, and kissed the nape of her neck. He spoke casually, as if he was asking her the time.
All of her contentment dropped away like a stone flung into a river. She struggled against him.
“No one, just you. Let me go, you asshole, you’re hurting me.”


 ******

Thanks for sharing Raven!

You can stalk Raven in these Places:




3 comments:

  1. THanks for ketting me pop by and chat Doris... Er you better check Budda, he's a bit chocolate covered. (well it is Easter)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That looks like a fantastic new series! I can't wait to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kristin, I hope you get the chance to read and enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete