Tuesday 11 November 2014

#TantalizingTuesdays - New Beginnings

Happy Tuesday, lovely peeps. It's an emotional tease from me today.



(Source: Pinterest)



There wasn’t enough water in the world to take away the pain, to erase the memories of that collapse, the desperate search for Drew.  It should have been him who lost his life, not the little brother who followed him into the force. The hot spray washed away the physical evidence in the dirty rainbow swirls of the plughole by his feet. Sean stood immobile, paralyzed by grief, and the stark reminder how precious life was.
“Sean.”
The station commander’s deep, gravelly voice broke through the haze, and Sean hissed through his teeth, when his boss’s strong arms gathered him close, and Sean allowed the tears to flow.
“My sweet boy. Let it all go. We’re the only ones here.”
The words he never thought to hear from the one man he couldn’t have, the man, he needed more than life itself right now, finally caused him to break down, and he sank into the hug, as Duncan turned Sean to face him.
“I know… It will get easier, and I’m here, if you want me.”
Warm lips caressed his nape, and Sean shut his eyes and gave a silent prayer of thanks.
You were right all along, little bro.







Tantalizing Tuesday Authors use a photo prompt to tease in 200 words. Please click on the graphic to check out the other fabulous participating authors.


As ever, let me know what you thought of my teaser today. 


D xx 

12 comments:

  1. How fitting with the date! Very emotional Doris. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, they are in for a difficult time, I think, but I hope they work through it together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reckon they will. Thanks, Angelica :-)

      Delete
  3. You have a knack for pulling the rush of emotion out of me, but you have outdone yourself today. None of us should have to face life without someone we love - an innocent. If a wife loses her husband in death, she is a widow, if children lose their parents, they are orphans, but there is no word for the death of a child, perhaps because the lose is so unspeakable. And we acknowledge today, those who paid the highest price for our freedom, and you did it beautifully. Amen. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pang of loss, and the long awaited love are such a strongly bittersweet combination. Very well done, Doris, I'd love to read more of this (and I'm not usually one for military stories!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phoenix. I think I might have to write their story :-)

      Delete
  5. beautiful and very emotional I love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Doris! I was almost in tears myself. Such an emotional teaser. I just hope he can find future comfort knowing now what he does

    ReplyDelete
  7. From the pic, I would've thought that they were getting intimate in the shower, but from your snippet, it's a very different story. I really liked what put there. Very touching piece.

    ReplyDelete